Are you facing trouble while exporting your data from QuickBooks to Excel? Or are the reports not lining up in Excel correctly? Then, there is nothing to worry about; you are not alone. QuickBooks users sometimes face issues while exporting their data to Excel; however, it can be resolved using some simple techniques. In this blog, we will tell you why you are unable to export to Excel from QuickBooks and how you can fix it, so come along with us.
If your QuickBooks Export To Excel Not Working, then call us at the TFN +1-(855)-955-1942 to get expert advice.
Reasons Why You Can Not Export Data from QuickBooks to Excel
Though exporting data from QuickBooks is a simple process, there are a few reasons that might cause you to face issues while doing it; some of them include:
- If your QuickBooks is not updated to the latest version, you may face issues while exporting data to Excel.
- If the reports you are trying to export are not in supported format.
- If you do not have proper permissions to export the data from QuickBooks, you won’t be able to do it.
- If the size of the report is too large to get exported, it will create an issue.
- An unsupported version of QB can also cause such issues.
- The data in the file has commas in it. Since the QB exports the data as a CSV file which uses commas to separate the fields, these may create issues in Excel.
- The overall data is not formatted correctly.
You may want to check out this blog on How to Unapply a credit in QuickBooks
Steps To Undertake If You Are Unable to Export to Excel from QuickBooks
We have listed below some of the steps that you can undertake if you are unable to export data from QuickBooks to Excel.
Step 1: Update the QuickBooks Desktop
Make sure that you have the latest version of QuickBooks on your system. If not, then update it and after the update, go to the QB application and try to export a report in the following manner:
- Go to the Reports Menu and open any one report.
- Then, hit the Excel button from all the export options available there.
If you still can not expert your report, then move to the second step.
Step 2: Cross-check the System Requirements
Different versions of the QB application work best only with the specific versions of Microsoft Office. So, you need to check whether your version of QuickBooks is compatible with Microsoft Office or not. If not, then you will need to upgrade it as required.
However, if the version is compatible, then move to the next step.
Step 3: Repair Your Microsoft Office
There might also be some issue with your Microsoft Office, so it is advised to repair your MS Office also to rectify this error.
Read Related: QuickBooks payroll not working Issue- Ways To Fix It
Step 4: Toggle the Windows User Account Controls (UAC) Settings
It might be possible the Windows UAC settings are blocking the export feature, so make changes to it:
- Open the Windows Start menu and type User Account Control Settings into the search and open it.
- Then, click on and move the slider to Never Notify. Then hit OK.
- After this, restart your computer.
Step 5: Reinstall Your QuickBooks
If none of the above methods work, then you can try to reinstall the QB application and then try to export your data from QuickBooks to Excel.